Celebration at Gemini Springs
Paul writes that the reason we are dead is that “we keep following the course of this world.” You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You fill your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhale disobedience. The world tries to sell you a life that can never make you live alive. But when we fall we go “something has to change.” Then we turn to religion. Religion can tell you what to do better, what you need to do, but it does not have the power to make you alive to what God has for you. This week we will discuss what it takes to come truly alive.
1. Wow! What an amazing weekend. What stood out to you the most about this weekend’s service.
2. Read Ephesians 2:1-3. Paul paints a picture of the depravity of mankind. What are the consequences of the fall that Paul listed here?
3. Read Ephesians 2:4-7. Paul starts this section with the word “But,” as he is about to compare the richness of living alive in Christ. What are the blessings that Paul lists in these three verses?
4. Read Ephesians 2:8-9. Here we go! Paul wraps up this section with a bow. Paul says, “Salvation happens through faith.” Faith is the means by which God’s salvation comes to us. What does it mean to have faith?
5. You cannot live for you and live alive in Christ. The essence of faith is “I can’t, but He can.” The world bombards us with empty promises that only bring more despair. Why are we still falling for these deceptions?
6. Right now, right at this moment, you are either believing Christ has done it all and resting in it or you are standing on your own. Why do we often struggle so much with resting in what Christ has already done for us?
7. What you are living for is already yours in Christ. Paul is saying, “I want to live alive to all Christ died to achieve for me.” How can you encourage each other to rest in the freedom that is ours through Jesus?
8. Take some time to go around your group and share and celebrate each others’ baptism experience.