Life in Pieces • Part 2
When you don’t know what to do, you can end up doing things you should never do. Let’s see what this looks like in our day-to-day lives. How can God’s word give us direction to piece our lives back together?
1. What was your biggest takeaway from this past week’s sermon? Why?
2. Pastor James said that we all trust in something to give us insight or direct us in making decisions. What decision have you made in your life where you have said, “If I only knew then what I know now, I would have done things differently.” Briefly share the story behind that decision.
3. What or who do you go to in order to determine direction? Please explain why you do.
4. Read Psalm 19:7. The direction you trust will determine the future you experience. Have you ever applied a specific teaching of Scripture that, looking back, prepared you for an unexpected storm? Briefly share your experience. Where in your decision making process do you turn to the Bible in order to gain insight on what kind of decision God would have you make?
5. Read Psalm 19:8-12. God’s word gives you the personal direction to piece your life together. How does Psalm 19 answer the question of knowing God’s direction for your life?
6. The Bible challenges us to respond to God’s truth in many different ways: love your enemies, show forgiveness, practice generosity, etc. Which have been the most difficult truths from the Bible for you to apply?
1. Read Psalm 19:14. What decision do you face this week that you really cannot see the outcome? How can you apply God’s word in this situation? Ask your group to help you if you have difficulty doing this.
2. How much time do you spend in God’s Word to help your own knowledge of His wisdom and truth?
3. How would you rate your intimacy with God on a scale of 1 to 10?
1 - I spend less than 30 minutes a week reading, studying or meditating on God’s Word.
5 - I spend more than 30 minutes a week reading, studying or meditating on God’s Word, but find it a chore to make the time.
10 - I spend more than 30 minutes a week reading, studying or meditating on God’s Word because I am driven to personal connection with Him and to find guidance for my life.