Summer • Part 4 - Sanford
1. Name one time you were forced to do something that you didn’t want to do, even though it would have been good for you. How did it make you feel?
2. What do you struggle with the most when it comes to the changing world around us?
3. We tend to react to culture in three ways. We try to convert it, condemn it, or consume it. Which one do you tend to wrestle with the most?
4. To quote Matt Chandler, "For the church, the skies are growing dark in the West. But the sky is not falling. In fact, it’s a great time to be a Christian.” Matt Chandler Take Heart. Do you believe Christianity can thrive in the current post-Christian culture? Why or why not?
5. Read Daniel 1. As you read the story of Daniel and his friends, what surprises you the most about Daniel’s circumstances? How does it relate to us today?
6. Read Daniel 1:8-13. What stands out to you about Daniel’s interaction with the Eunuch as they discuss Daniel’s convictions?
7. Read Daniel 1:17-21. Daniel and his friends gained influence because of their example. What about your example can improve in order to put following Jesus in a good light?
8. The best abilities are availability and reliability. Would the non-believers you interact with say that you are both available for them (to serve) and reliable? What can you do this week to make yourself more available and reliable to the people around you?