Summer • Part 2 - Sanford
1. When going on a road trip, do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger?
2. God promised to bless Jacob over Esau. From their birth, Jacob was attempting to gain approval and earn his blessing. How have you tried to earn approval or blessings from God and others?
3. As Jacob was getting ready to cross the Jabbok in the middle of the night, what do you think was going through his mind? Have you ever find yourself thinking about the same things? How do you work through them?
4. The man who unexpectedly engaged Jacob in a wrestling match was later revealed to be God in flesh. Name a time in which God entered into your life or situation in a way that wasn’t expected.
5. We have all been wounded by situations that should have taken us out completely. What made Jacob hold on to God even as his hip was out of place?
6. Someone once said, “If you want God to use you greatly, He must first wound you deeply.” Is there a time where you were wounded deeply, but God later redeemed to use you greatly.