Uncovered • Part 3
One thing that every relationship has, no matter who you are, is conflict. While you can try and avoid conflict, you cannot escape conflict. It will happen, but how do we manage it? How do we deal with conflict in a way that allows the relationship to thrive instead of die?
1. How are you doing on your Couples’ Homework?
2. Was there anything in particular from this week’s message that struck a chord within you? Share.
3. When you were growing up, what were some ways conflict was handled in your home?
4. Do you see yourself as:
An Avoider – try your best to ignore the issue
A Conqueror – You’re right; they’re wrong, and it is your goal to convince them of that
A Pacifist – peace at any cost, as long as others accept us as we are
A Compromiser – “I’ll do my part if you do yours and I’m keeping score.”
5. Read Ephesians 4:21-27. How have you dealt with anger before? How would you react differently if given a second chance? How does the Bible instruct us to deal with this powerful emotion?
6. Read Ephesians 4:28-32. What do you see is your role in your relationships? How has the Holy Spirit been convicting you to play the role He intends for you?
7. Read Ephesians 4:29 again. What does it look like to show grace to another?
8. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Seems like a tough, if not impossible, assignment. How in the world can we live this out?
9. Share some successes you’ve had when you dealt with conflict God’s way.