Battles • Part 3
Everyone is going to fight battles in life. They will come, but it’s how you handle the battles that will determine if you live in victory or defeat. God wants you to live in victory, to walk in your destiny, and become more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus. But how? This is what we are talking about through this series—how to fight your battles with all the weapons God has given you. God wants us to learn something about the battles we face. This week, we are going to see that you are already ready for the battle if God brings the battle to you.
1. What stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Read 2 Chronicles 20:15-17. God never commands what He doesn’t promise to enable. Share a time in your life when God provided all the resources you needed to overcome the battle.
3. Why is it so easy to forget who God is when we are in the middle of the battle?
4. Read 2 Chronicles 20:20-22. Here we see that the Israelites began to sing and praise God before He did anything about the situation. What are the implications of this verse upon your life?
5. For God to fight the battle, you have to face the battle. How did the Israelites show that they had faith that God would fight their battle?
6. Read 2 Chronicles 20:27-28. Notice that the Israelites went immediately to the temple to praise God. Have you seen a time when God fought the battle for someone only to see them walk away from God? What does this say about this person's object of faith?
7. Read 2 Chronicles 20:30. Can you share a time when God brought blessings in your life after bringing you through a battle?
8. Fear is, fundamentally, an attack against the character of God and your relationship with Him. Faith looks through the circumstances and focuses upon who God is. How would our lives be different if we faced or battles focusing on God and the blessings He has for us?