Battles • Part 1
Through this series, I want to teach you how to fight your battles with the most powerful weapons God gives you—taking your battle to the next level. We will spend four weeks in one story and use this story to teach us how to fight the battles that want to destroy us. The story is found in 2 Chronicles 20. This week, I want to use this passage to teach you some principles about the fight you are fighting. Many of you never even know you are in a fight, so let’s get some scriptural insight in to the spiritual battles we face in life.
1. What stood out and connected with you in this passage and why?
2. Read 2 Corinthians 10:4-5. The biggest battle of faith is a battle in the Spiritual realm. Our minds try to get us to take our focus off God. Why is it so important for us to “take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"?
3. Read 2 Chronicles 20:17. “You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you.” Why is it so hard for us to let God fight our battles when we’re in the middle of a situation.
4. Every battle that is seen in the physical world is influenced by the unseen war in the spiritual world. How can understanding this help us deal with the situations that come up in our lives?
5. What is a specific battle in your life where you have seen God move, in spite of you?
6. Read 2 Chronicles 20:12. James challenged us to “Keep your focus on God who is fighting your battles.” How does this help you to win your battles?