Prayerology • Part 3
How many of us would confess that we need God to work in our lives and in the situations we are facing? In these moments of need, where do we find the courage and faith to believe that God can do the impossible? This is why prayer is essential. Prayer is what opens us up to God’s presence and power—and God’s greatest changes, breakthroughs, and blessings in your life come through prayer.
1. Read Matthew 7:7-8, Mark 11:22-24 and John 14:12-14. What are some of the things that Jesus is telling us about prayer in these passages? What challenges you the most in these verses?
2. Why isn’t having the right words to say to God as important as having the right perspective about God when it comes to prayer?
3. Read Matthew 6:5-8. Does understanding that God already knows what you need, and what you are going to pray about change your attitude towards prayer?
4. Do you set aside prayer time that is just for the purpose of connecting with God, and not only as a time to ask Him for things?
5. Read John 1:12 and 2 Corinthians 6:18. Pastor James talked about connecting with God as our Father, and seeing Him as on our side. How would choosing to view God this way change the way you approach Him in prayer?
6. Do you have confidence in your Father’s Power, Purpose and Provision? Which of these areas do you struggle most with believing God’s sovereignty over?
7. Read Matthew 6:9-13. Is there something practical from these verses that you are going to incorporate into your prayer life this week?