Ever wish you could erase your past and start over again? If you answered yes, you are in good company. If only we could undo all the wrong we’ve done or move forward where we should have but chickened out. There is great news for you! Jesus Christ has all authority to forgive your old life through His death and resurrect your new life through His resurrection.
1. We have had great excitement these past two weeks as we celebrated Jesus’ resurrection and witnessed many get baptized. How were you impacted when seeing so many follow His command to be baptized once they decided to follow Him?
2. How have you seen God move over these past few weeks? What is God personally teaching you?
3. Read Matthew 28:18-20. What is your understanding of the biblical relationship between salvation and baptism?
4. Christ is alive in you but you have to decide to allow Him to live through you. Baptism symbolizes that your old life is gone and your new life has come because you have decided to follow Christ. If you have decided to be a Christ-follower, but have not been baptized, share what it is that holds you back?
5. Whoever would like to do so, share your own baptism experience.
6. Read Romans 6:8-11. What does it mean to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ? What does that look like in your day-to-day living?
*Print, PDF & Email does not work on the App.