Called To Be • Part 2
God wants to use you to make a difference; that’s why He called you to be different. But different how? How are we to be different? In his letter, Peter gives us great insight as to how we can meet this challenge.
- Read 1 Peter 1:13-2:3. God called you to be different so that you can make a difference. How would you describe the ways in which God asks us to be different and how would that make a difference, in us and in the world around us?
- Have you ever had someone ask you, “What is different about you?” What were the circumstances leading up to that question?
- From time to time, we all find ourselves arguing with God. What have you talked yourself out of that God has been calling you into? Have there been things you have tried, not being sure if God has called you there?
- What are some of the most obvious ways you’re different from the world? Refer to these scriptures for insight.
- We all want to be loved and accepted by those around us. Yet, God is calling us to be different from the world. Where do you most often find yourself trying to fit in more than trying to make a difference? Why is that easier than standing out from the crowd?
- On a day-to-day basis, what are some practical ways you can:
- Live with Awareness.
- Live with Expectancy.
- Live with Confidence.